I love trying new recipes. I especially like finding recipes that are thrifty.
Some of my children, however, are less adventurous than others. One is down right picky.
But he’s learning to cope!
This recipe caught my eye because it uses beans, which are very economical and cottage cheese, which we had just picked up on sale at the grocery store. It also has no meat.
All (but one of us) really enjoyed it!
White Bean Pizza
Spread 1 – 8 oz. package of crescent rolls on a greased 12” pizza pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes. (We actually used a homemade pizza crust.)
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of chopped sweet peppers
- 1 – 10 oz. can Great Northern beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (2 teaspoons dried)
Spread over pizza.
Sprinkle with 1 – 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Continue baking 12-15 minutes until brown.
Enjoy hot from the oven with a leafy green salad! It is filling and delicious!