It took three days, but we covered almost all of the over 40 sales. We are exhausted, but triumphant with our spoils!
Some of the best buys include:
- a pair of insulated coveralls for my hubby for $5. They were in great condition and would have cost about $50 new.
- A pair of black leather pants to sell on eBay for $.50.
- A similar black leather jacket to sell on eBay for $1.
- A very nice Columbia Wool coat to sell on eBay for $1.
- A cordless phone with answering machine for $1 (We never buy these new, we can find them so cheap at garage sales, we pick them up and when the battery runs dead, we throw them away and pull out a spare.)
- A nice bag full of clothes for the kids that the guy gave us for a dollar just to get rid of it in the last few minutes of the sale! (I wondered later if I should have offered him $5 for all the clothes he had left, gleaned what we could use and tried to sell the rest on eBay, but I didn’t think of it in time.)
Overall it was not as good as previous years, lots of baby and toddler clothes and toys. But we found enough things for our family and for resell that we feel like it was a successful venture.
And…since I was alone with my husband we can officially qualify it as a date!